A Recent Case from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Highlights that the Language Used in Your Veterans Benefits Appeal, or Any Appeal, Matters
Court-Martial Appellate Lawyer & VA Benefits Attorney – Representing Active Military Personnel, Veterans, and their Families
Welcome to The Saroyan Law Firm. Odds are you’re visiting several websites to decide who to hire for your court-martial appeal or veteran’s benefit appeal – and you should. Why? Because experience matters.
Prior to opening The Saroyan Law Firm, I served as the senior legal advisor to the Chief Judge at the military’s highest court, the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. I was also ranked as the best appellate defense counsel worldwide by the United States Air Force, where I served as a JAG officer for eight years. I have personally handled more than 150 courts-martial appeals, including appeals to the United States Supreme Court. I have also advised trial counsel, other appellate counsel, and a federal appeals judge on 1000+ cases ranging from larceny and drug offenses to capital (death penalty) cases.
As an Accredited VA attorney, I also proudly represent Veterans and their families in appealing denials of military benefits, including VA disability, survivor, and pension benefits.
If you need an experienced appellate lawyer, give me a call. All consultations are free of charge. I provide fixed-fee representation for all appeals, except VA appeals which are based on a contingent fee. For my client’s convenience, I accept credit card payments and payment plans.
The Saroyan Law Firm – Experience Matters.
- Ranked as the #1 appellate litigator in the Air Force
- Selected as Adjunct Professor of JAG School to instruct new appellate defense counsel.
- Client convicted of stealing $122,000 at bench trial. Persuaded the appeals court that the trial judge misread the federal law – overturned.
- Represented client on appeal for the conviction of rape; convinced the appeals court to take a closer look at the evidence – overturned.
- Represented client on appeal for the conviction of forcible sodomy; conviction overturned.
- Lead counsel on multi-service petition to the United States Supreme Court.
- Two clients charged with a total of 34 counts of larceny and related offenses; persuaded the government the charges were without merit – all 34 charges dropped.
- Client convicted of $25,000 larceny – no punitive discharge and only 30 days of confinement.
- Successfully argued for no punitive discharge in Schedule I narcotic possession and use case.
- Convinced commander after 34 days of pretrial confinement to release client and drop all charges.
- TSgt accused of adultery with spouse of deployed member – Successfully argued for no charges.
- Convinced commander to release captured AWOL member from PTC – no punitive discharge at trial.
- Client accused of rape; secured evidence showing it was a false allegation – all charges dropped.
- Second client accused of rape; convinced the government there was insufficient evidence to move forward – case dropped.
- Client charged with assault with a firearm; persuaded government to withdraw charges.
- Client charged with aggravated assault for shooting that almost killed victim; sentenced to only six months confinement and secured a rare clemency request from military judge.
- Secured rare clemency grant from SECAF 2x – no punitive discharge for clients.
Colorado Criminal Law & Appellate Blog
What Our Clients Say
I called Will Saroyan for help with my felony criminal appeal. He researched every way possible to appeal my conviction and always kept me informed even though I was confined. I only wish I had hired him for my trial! If you want a great criminal lawyer who will actually spend time on your case, definitely give Will a call.
Just a note to let you know how pleased I was to have gotten the help I did from The Saroyan Law Firm. Will kept me up to date... called me to keep me informed and, more importantly, made sure I was involved in all actions before they were implemented. Again I would just like to say Thank You... it was great having such helpful support in this matter
How Can I Help You
Call 719.219.6336 or fill out the contact form below to get started.