Court Martial Appeals Lawyer Zaven T. “Will” Saroyan
My name is Will Saroyan. I’m an attorney who specializes in court-martial appeals at every level of the process, including before the United States Supreme Court. I have personally handled and advised on 1000+ appeals, and have been awarded an AV rating (highest possible) by Martindale-Hubble, an award given to fewer than 5% of the attorneys in the nation.
Prior to opening The Saroyan Law Firm, I was the top legal advisor to the Chief Judge of the military’s highest court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. While serving in this role, I saw thousands of petitions and scores of cases which were granted review. I had lengthy conversations with the Chief Judge and with the senior legal advisors of the other Judges. I saw what issues often gained the interest of the court and what issues the Judges thought were significant. Just as importantly, I also learned what issues generally had little chance of gaining any attention.
My Service as a JAG Officer
Before advising the Chief Judge, I served as a JAG officer in the United States Air Force for eight years, where I was ranked as the top appellate defense counsel and one of the four best trial defense counsel, worldwide, out of approximately 1200 officers.
Experience Matters – I Can Help
If you’ve been convicted at a court-martial, the outcome of your appeal will affect the rest of your life. Understandably, you probably have questions about the best way to fight your convictions and how to take the next step. Please give me a call or use the contact box below. I’d be happy to speak with you to discuss your options and how I can help. All consultations are free of charge, and representation is on a fixed-fee basis.
- JD., magna cum laude (top 7%), Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, NY.
Honors & Activities: Syracuse Law Review, Moot Court Honor Society; Order of the Coif.
- B.A., Economics, magna cum laude, California State University, San Marcos, CA.
- Colorado (All Trial and Appellate Courts)
- New York (All Trial and Appellate Courts)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- United States Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
- United States Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- The Saroyan Law Firm, L.L.C.– Founding Attorney, Colorado Springs, CO.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (CAAF), Commissioner/Senior Legal Advisor to the Honorable Charles E Erdman, Chief Judge.
- United States Air Force, Appellate Defense Counsel.
- United States Air Force, Trial Defense Counsel.
- United States Air Force, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate.
- Special Assistant United States Attorney
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, Attorney.
- Kellogg, Huber, Hanson, Todd & Evan, Attorney.
- Bond, Schoeneck & King, Attorney.